July 17, 2011
In corporate environment more and more knowledge workers are using Smart Phones & Tablets. Virtualised working environment is developing. Geographically dispersed professionals are working through collaboration tools. Technologies such as Video conferencing, IP Telephony, Portal, Virtual Client, and Cloud etc.. Smart Phones & Tablets are catering the requirement to work remotely and virtually.
Smart Phones & Tablets to Work
Last week I read the Toastmaster Magazine June 2011 edition. Article “Presentations TO GO!” Written by Dave Zielinski describing about couple of tools which useful for presentations and toastmaster speeches. That is the thread I’m presenting here.
Applications which are supports smart phones & tablets. Those applications are very useful to work from smart phones & tablets. I’m listing those applications below.
- Keynote Presentation Design Software
- Documents to Go
- ThinkFree Mobile
- Dragon Dictation
July 10, 2011
There are so many hacks happened in recent days. That to major corporate organisations key databases. During the IDC security road show, Dubai (21-06-2011) one of the presenters was showing a slide with some corporate logo, captioned as it’s not our customer list. It’s giving high alert to business and professionals. How to protect the critical information? Is there any one product to buy and keep as security? Lot of questions and fears! Where to protect, what to protect and how to protect. To whom we can trust, to whom we cannot. Security road show I saw another interesting caption don’t trust anyone. To build up a security systems, the primary factor is awareness. What is our critical information’s, who all have access now, how they access, where it’s kept, how it’s kept, etc. Once we have the awareness, start putting technology to protect each of the segments. Keep a proper discipline. It has to be reviewed frequently and improved.
Key to Security
July 4, 2011
Client cloud computing offers lot of benefits to the organisation. Energy efficient (Green IT), up to date, more reliable, access anywhere, portable, mobility, cost effective, easy to deploy, easy to re-store, less management and maintenance. Client computing challenges are handled by cloud client computing. To maintain client systems, every organisations spending good amount money. Engineers required all the sites. These challenges handled by cloud. In this category I can recommend a product Wyse.
Cloud Client Computing
Wyse Cloud Client Portfolio
- Wyse Cloud Clients
Handhelds – Complete support for Apple iOS and Google Android smartphones and tablets viaWyse PocketCloud, the leading Mobile Cloud Software for enterprises and consumers.
Wyse Ultra-thin Firmware – Wyse ThinOS, Linux, Windows CE and Windows Embedded Standard– the most comprehensive, secure, scalable and reliable cloud client firmware suite in the industry.
- Wyse Thin Clients – Sophisticated. Secure. Friendly. Performance with flexible functionality.
- Wyse Zero Clients – Simple. Secure. Stingy. Performance with dedicated functionality.
- Cloud PCs – Familiar. Performance. Improved. The PC, only better – with centralized OS, applications, and content.
Wyse Cloud Software Portfolio
- Wyse Cloud Client Software
Wyse Management Software – Secure. Scalable. Cloud-centric remote device management for the extended enterprise.
Wyse Virtualization Software – Delivering the best user experience and optimized performance for any cloud client deployment.
- Wyse Zero™ – Cloud-based technology engine powering a new world of cloud-connected dedicated Zero Clients.
- Wyse Mobile Cloud Software – Wyse PocketCloud, the leading cloud-based mobile app suite connecting you to your personal, private or public cloud from any handheld.
- Wyse Cloud PC Software – Cloud-based software to cloudify your PCs, TCs, or VMs by centralizing their OS, apps and content in a private cloud.
June 23, 2011
In this platform we were discussed about cloud, virtualisation, smart phones, and tablets. Knowledge workers and mobile workers are increasing in corporate environment. The main devises in use is Smartphone and Tablets. More and more companies and users are moving towards this direction. This year survey shows the PC sales slips and Smartphone sales increased.
Virtual Desktop to Smartphone and Tablets
Now we have to work for how to deliver the desktop features to smart phones and tablets. Security and application delivery are key-points. Cortado Workplace is the central hub for your mobile requirements. Whether with smartphone, tablet, PC, Mac or notebook – Cortado Workplace allows round-the-clock access to your files and documents. Exchange them between devices and work on the go just as with your desktop PC. It supports all the smart phone and tablet platforms.
- iPhone & iPad
- Seamless integration of smartphones and tablets
- Use of the existing IT infrastructure
- One solution for all mobile plattforms
- Maximum level of security
- Optimal operation for each device
- Multi-device support
June 22, 2011
Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office is one of the collaboration services from Google. It’s really picking up market. It allows two or more people work together on the same file at the same time in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 or 2010 on Windows PCs. For example, you can edit a Word document’s table of contents from one office while co-workers adjust formatting and make revisions from another office. Instead of bombarding each other with attachments and hassling to reconcile people’s edits, your whole team can focus on productive work together.
Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office
- Simultaneous editing for Word, PowerPoint and Excel files, no document or paragraph locking
- Google Docs sharing URLs for each Microsoft Office file
- Revision history for Microsoft Office files, stored in Google Docs
- Offline editing with smart synchronization of offline changes
- No Microsoft Office upgrade or SharePoint® deployment required
June 12, 2011
Riverbed Cloud Service products, Whitewater™ and Steelhead™, enable organizations to improve their data protection and disaster recovery strategies quickly and easily. The Riverbed Whitewater™ appliance enables organizations to increase their data protection and disaster recovery strategies by moving backup data directly into cloud storage. Organizations looking to leverage cloud storage will be able to deploy Whitewater without any changes to their existing backup processes or products. Moreover, backups moved into the cloud will be de duplicated in-line, reducing overall bandwidth and cloud storage requirements, and the data will be secured at rest, as well as in flight to the cloud, making cloud storage, cloud backup, and cloud archive an integral part of an organization’s data protection strategy.
Key Whitewater Benefits:
- Reduce disaster recover costs with cloud data protection
- Meet accelerated recovery SLAs
- Simplify off-site data storage for DR
- Secure offsite data
- Deploy with no change to existing backup infrastructure
Cloud Steelhead™ offers the same WAN optimization functionality you’ve come to know and trust, in a form factor that’s much better suited for public cloud environments. It completely interoperates with Steelhead® appliances, Virtual Steelhead™, and Steelhead Mobile™ clients.
Cloud Steelhead includes tools that allow for instant deployment and easy cloning of instances. It also has a uniquely advanced model for intercepting traffic in the cloud. In addition, a new portal allows for easy management and licensing, and instant upgrades of cloud Steelhead instances.
Key benefits of Cloud Steelhead:
- Instant deployment
- Simple, portal-based management
- Elastic sizing and easy cloning
- Advanced cloud interception
- Cloud-like pricing model
June 9, 2011
Exploring QR Codes, my friend Mr. Nick informed me about the MS Tag. Now the Industry is growing rapidly. The beauty of Tag and the volume of information we can keep inside is huge. It’s extremely attractive. An excellent marketing tool. The outcome is high and the design is simple.
Microsoft Tag is a new kind of bar code that connects almost anything in the real world to information, entertainment, and interactive experiences on your mobile phone. Tags are free to create and use. You can add them to your ads, posters, product packages, display it on your website, billboards, clothing…the list is endless. When you scan a Tag using the free Tag Reader application on your mobile phone, it will automatically open a webpage, add a contact to your address book, display a message, or dial a number – there are no long URLs to type or SMS messages to send.
Anyone can create Tags for free. And unlike other kinds of bar codes, Tags are fully customizable. You can create your Tags in black and white or colourful Tags that visually represent your business or personal brand in a spectacular manner.
Here are a few reasons to use Microsoft Tag:
- Call-to-action – Use Tag as a direct response marketing tool for print campaigns; Tags automatically integrate print advertising with mobile devices.
- Manage the customer experience – Use Tags to link to a mobile website or video; on a business card to instantly add someone to your address book; dial a phone number; or display a free message.
- Advanced Analytics – Measure campaign effectiveness with enhanced reporting, such as the number of scans of a particular Tag over time and by geographic location. You can also group several Tags together to measure performance.
- Single Reader – The Tag Reader runs on all major phone platforms and is downloaded from a single site. Every Microsoft Tag can be scanned by the Tag Reader, cutting down on consumer confusion from incompatible solutions.
- Maintain brand identity – Using Custom Tags, it’s easy to customize the look of a Tag to reflect your brand’s personality.
- Adaptable size – Tag’s small size allows you to maximize the information delivered to customers without taking up a lot of real estate in your printed materials and visual media forms.
- Reliable reads – The Tag Reader overcomes limited camera phone optics, resolution and processing power to deliver a consistently high user experience across multiple devices and platform types.
- Link to your mobile app – App Download Tags make it easier for users to download your mobile app, saving them the time of searching for it in app marketplaces.